Skilled in Virtualization Engineering, Administration and Management of Server environments
• Responsible for the day-to-day support of server, application, or desktop virtualization.
• Disaster recovery monitoring and operations to include vCenter heartbeat, high availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), and vMotion.
• Designing, recommending, and deploying emerging server virtualization technologies.
• Support operations of multi-site and multi-vendor environments.
• Performing standard administration responsibilities including:
o Monitoring and providing break/fix support to virtualized systems across the enterprise.
o Architecting system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
o Introducing and integrating new virtualization technologies into existing data center environments.
o Performing routine audits of systems and software.
o Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
o Working with Network and Storage Administration, planning, installing and configuring new hardware and software.
o Answering technical queries from other IT support teams (DBAs, application development, networking, etc.).
o Documenting the configuration of the infrastructure.
o Troubleshooting any reported problems.
o System performance tuning.
o Responding and resolving service outages and interruptions.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend new tools and technologies for server virtualization.
• Identify trends and abnormalities and proactively take steps to prevent performance impacts to virtual environment and business function.
• Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise virtual environment and business function.
• Take lead in the research, planning and implementation of server virtualization projects in accordance with and in support of IT goals and objectives.
• Provide on-going training and technical direction to other team members pertaining to virtualization optimization, installation, upgrades, configuration, and troubleshooting.